The following explains the "layout" of the Cold War Submarines web site.
1. The submarines at this website are grouped first by the major "type" of submarine such as; World War II Diesel Submarines, Post World War II Deisel Submarines, and Nuclear Submarines. The Nuclear Submarines are further divided into two major "Types", Fast Attack Submarines and Balistic Missile Submarines.
2. Each major "type" of submarine is then grouped by the "class" of submarine.
3. In order to find the specific submarine you are looking for, you first need to know the major "type" of submarine, next the "class" of submarine and then the "hull number and name" of the specific submarine.
4. In some cases you then need to know a particular "configuration" for a specific submarine, which changed as the submarine was modified through the years.
5. You can also use the "search" feature at any time simply by typing in the name of the submarine or the name and hull number of the submarine. Using the "search" feature provides a "full screen" picture of the submarine you are looking for. You may then click the "class" of submarines to see all of the other submarines in the same "Class".
6. If you need help, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 414-627-2581.